In the IT sector, just like in any other industry, it is important to have confidence in your employees. Potential partners want to work with reliable, professional, stable companies which provide services in a straightforward, transparent and quality manner. Therefore, “where can I find the best software developers in the world?” turns out to be a very reasonable and rational question.
In this article we will discuss the Ukrainian IT market and the standard of Ukrainian specialists. After all, in recent times more and more businessmen from America, Israel and EU countries with strong economies are choosing to trust in Ukrainian specialists for their projects. So, why is hiring developers from Ukraine a profitable decision?
Let’s consider the main points:
- As of 2018, there are 184,700 specialists and over 4,000 companies in the Ukrainian IT sector. Thanks to this, the IT sector has become the second largest export industry in the Ukraine (according to Atomico).
- Around 20% of the most well known global brands have opened their back offices, offshore centers and R&D centers in Ukraine. Among them are giants such as ABBY, Huawei, Samsung, Siemens, Payoneer, Microsoft, MyHeritage.
- Over 100 Fortune 500 companies work with the Ukrainian IT sector, including Google and HP.
- The top 3 buyers of Ukrainian IT outsourcing services are the USA, Israel and the EU. Out of these, around 80% of customers are from America (hi-tech.org.ua).
- 18 Ukrainian outsourcing suppliers are included on the list of the world’s top 100 IT companies, specializing in software development, games, e-commerce tools, databases, telecommunication systems, etc. (PwC).
According to experts from SkillValue, the number of specialists in Ukraine is only expected to increase. By 2020, the number of developers is expected to rise to 200,000, and by 2025 there will be around 240,000. The leading IT cities in Ukraine are Kharkov, Lviv and Kiev (according to statistics from Ukraine Digital News).
You might find it interesting to know how many web developers there are in the world today. According to statistics, if you include the “classic” software developers, in the USA the number of recruited developers adds up to around 3.4 million. In Europe – 5.5 million. Ukraine comes in at 8th place. There are more specialists living in India and China. In total, according to data for 2018, there are around 23 million developers in the world today.
The IT sector is rapidly developing and is very profitable, so experts predict an increase in the number of developers to 27.7 million by 2023. And things look very promising for Ukraine in this regard.
Due to the high quality of our expertise, our web development is professional, but is a more profitable choice compared with services from America, Europe, Israel and other countries.
- There are over 100 multinational research centers belonging to technological giants such as Wargaming, Apple, Microsoft, Samsung Electronics, Skype, IBM, Siemens, Magento and Ericsson.
- 80% of Ukrainian developers are fluent in English, which allows for smooth communication and interaction.
- There are over 1000 outsourcing companies providing an extensive range of development services.
- Ukraine has seen over 2,000 promising startups, including GitLab, Jooble, DepositPhotos, Monobank, Allset, Viewdle, CleanMyMac, Solar Gaps, PetCube, Kwambio, Grammarly, People.ai, Mobalytics, InvisibleCRM, Looksery, Maxymiser and Readdle.
- There are around 1000 buzzing IT events held annually, particularly worth noting are the Agile Eastern Europe Conference, IT Weekend Ukraine, PyCon Ukraine, iForum, IT Arena and the DEV Challenge.
- Cultural compatibility. As in Western culture, for Ukrainians, facts and figures are more important than personal relationships, whereas in countries where Eastern religions are predominant, things like honor and reputation take more precedence.
- The optimum ratio between price and quality. Outsourcing in Ukraine is more competitive than in the Czech Republic, Poland, Belarus and other neighboring countries.
- Favorable climate for business. Our international policies are in harmony, and our economy is strengthening. This is confirmed by the fact that there was a 3.3% growth in GDP in 2018 (according to the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine)
- We are ahead of the EU by 1 hour, and of the United States by 7 hours. For Western partners, this is a more comfortable time difference compared with India, the Philippines, and China.
- In Ukraine there are 11 paid public holidays, which is far fewer than countries in South and Southeast Asia.
These advantages clearly demonstrate that choosing Ukrainian developers and outsourcing services will prove to be very promising, and with their help you will be ready to create leading software solutions.